Sunday, April 8, 2012

The Lorax OOAK Messenger Bag

And the obsession begins. Ever since I had seen the Lorax, I had been wanting to sew something from it since there is absolutely no official merchandise from this movie yet. I don't know why they had not made any official merchandise for this movie yet, because it will sell big time. I've been debating about what to make from this movie for a while now and then this week, I had discovered that they make official licensed fabric from Dr. Suess' the Lorax.

I ended up buying some and I had a messenger bag pattern that has been sitting around my pattern drawer for a while. This is what happens when I get obsessed into new fandoms:




This bag is a one-of-a-kind item. I will most likely never make another one in my life. I thought I would sell it over on etsy: http://www.etsy.com/listing/97095320/ooak-the-lorax-messenger-bag . It is going for $75 + shipping to cover material costs and labor fees. It took roughly about 6-7 hours to sew, probably a little longer since I kept getting interrupted on Friday night when I made it. More info can be found there about the materials and the bag it's self. 

No comments:

Post a Comment